Position: Facilities Team Member
Reports to: Facilities Manager and/or Director of Facilities
Updated: October 2020
A member of the Facilities Team performs a variety of work in the maintenance of New Hampton School properties and grounds and performs related duties as assigned. Essential functions have an emphasis on day-to- day operation of the Jacobson Arena including Zamboni operation and include, but are not limited to, grounds maintenance, basic building and shared on-call duties.
This position is Monday - Friday, unless otherwise required, including rotating weekends for call coverage. The position is hourly non-exempt and includes voluntary benefits in accordance with School policy. There is occasional opportunity for overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
• Operate Zamboni as needed to maintain ice in Jacobson Arena
• Perform grounds maintenance to maintain athletic fields and lawns to high standards expected by the School
• Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair
• Performs preventive building maintenance duties
• Communicate supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects • Maintains inventory or other preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
• Operates grounds equipment to maintain lawns, beds irrigation system
• Performs manual grounds tasks such as weeding, mulching and edging
• Performs snow removal tasks such as plowing shoveling, sanding and salting
• Compliance inspections and duties as assigned
• Other tasks as directed by the Facilities Manager or Director
Skills and Requirements:
Special consideration to applicants with experience and/or certifications in
• Zamboni operation
• Landscaping and grounds maintenance experience
• General maintenance
• Basic computer skills
• Follow safety practices and recognize hazards.
• Skilled in using hand and power tools.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Follow instructions and take initiative under limited supervision.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
• Certificate or licensure in a specific field in addition to high school diploma preferred • Successfully complete a criminal background check and motor vehicle background check
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift up to 50 pounds and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. New Hampton School maintains a drug/alcohol/tobacco-free work environment.
How to Apply:
Resumes of interest should be emailed to Human Resource Manager Wendi Cantwell at email@example.com or mailed to her attention at 70 Main Street, New Hampton, NH 03256
67 West Street
Medfield, MA 02052
©2018 ⦿ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ⦿ NESTMA
CONTENT MANAGED BY