Duties include routine maintenance of college grounds.
- Operate colleges hoisting equipment
- Small engine repair/equipment maintenance
- Routine maintenance of college grounds including lawns/turf, athletic fields, gardens, plant areas and other outdoor facilities.
- General light building repair and preventative maintenance, loading and unloading of various materials, delivery of packages and supplies, and other general tasks
- Uses and maintains hand and power tools
- Performs assignments, which may include scheduled overtime
- Responsible to respond to overtime work on recall, which may include unscheduled and emergency recall situations, during off- hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Performs basic maintenance, snow removal and general grounds work
- Assist in other maintenance activities
- Performs related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Must possess a MA Hoisting Machinery Operators License
- Ability to perform minor repairs on grounds equipment
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions such as warning labels on machinery and equipment.
- Ability to operate the tools and equipment used to perform these tasks
- Sufficient stamina and physical ability to perform essential functions over long periods of time.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, lifts, scaffolding, and staging heights up to 100 feet.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operators license is required
- Ability to effectively work individually or in teams as well as with diverse groups
- Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing or electronically
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to follow through and carry out assignments
- Problem-solving skills and sound judgment
- Ability to understand and apply College and Departmental policies and procedures
- Three years full time work experience as a maintenance/groundskeeper
- High school education or equivalency required
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting 60 to 100 lbs.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches
- May drive vehicle if needed
- Continuous walking, standing and moving about
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to use computer
- Ability to proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and move various machinery & equipment
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.