RSU5 DURHAM-FREEPORT-POWNAL (Maine)
Field & Grounds Maintenance/Van Driver
RSU5 is looking for a full-time, year-round Field/Grounds Maintenance and Van Driver. This position is Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm. Hours subject to change based on the school year. Overtime available with winter operations and the busy sports seasons. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and the Athletic Fields and Grounds Supervisor.
Athletic Fields and Grounds Maintenance Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mow school grounds and sports fields, fertilize and water grass. Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees. Prune trees and shrubs. Weed and mulch flower beds.
- Maintain the grounds in the winter. Remove snow and ice from parking lots, entryways, and sidewalks by using shovels, sidewalk plows, snow blowers, sanders, and plows. Salt and sand all areas.
- Synthetic turf and track care: trash pickup, event set up and light maintenance.
- Perform other seasonal grounds work: rake leaves, playground maintenance, etc.
- Pick up trash around district wide buildings, grounds, and sports fields.
- Assist with basic construction tasks related to grounds maintenance (fence maintenance, cold patching, and sign installation, etc).
- Operate a wide variety of power tools and grounds maintenance equipment to include- paint machines, lawn mowers, tractors, infield groomers, trucks, and vans.
- Daily set up of sporting events which include painting, lining, and grooming.
- Maintain tools and equipment used in athletic field/grounds work.
- Keep shop, vehicles, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Perform equipment maintenance and repair tasks to daily used machinery.
School Van Driver Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive students to and from school AM and PM following a set schedule.
State issued driver’s license along with a clean driving record.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug testing.
Must obtain a CHRC from Maine Dept. of Education
Please contact Jason Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org