Sports Field Manager
Assists in the care, maintenance, and renovation of all intercollegiate, professional, and town athletic fields and grounds of Championship Turf Services clients. Aids in establishing and implementing grounds/landscape development and maintenance goals, policies and procedures. Our typical working hours are 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday through Friday with occasional weekends. The sports field manager position will be assigned to our facilities located at Fairfield University, with occasional responsibilities of assisting the company at other locations. This employee will be involved with Mowing, painting and layout of fields to meet NCAA and MAAC requirements. Mound work, hand watering, topdressing, grooming, Verti-cutting, aerification, equipment maintenance, irrigation repairs, pest and disease management, applying granular and foliar applications, along with general athletic field maintenance. This is a full-time year-round position eligible for full company benefits
1. Helps plan, oversee, and project-manage major athletic grounds and fields renovation projects, as assigned; schedules, facilitates, oversees, and quality controls reconstruction activities, including the work of external contractors.
2. As directed oversees assigned personnel, which includes assigning work, work allocation, training and problem resolution; evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions; motivating employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
3. Aids in developing and managing budgets related to athletic fields and grounds.
4. Records/Keeps a log book of job duties performed that day
5. Supervises the conversion and protection of athletic fields during special events.
6. Restores fields damaged by weather, use, or other conditions to a level commensurate with that expected of Division 1 Athletic Programs.
7. Aids in maintaining a good working relationship with coaches and administrative staff at the University and other locations.
8. Manages and reviews irrigation systems performance and initiates change when necessary.
9. Operates equipment i.e., sports turf mowers, tractors, trailers, top dressers, aerifiers etc.
10. Applies granular and foliar products to the field surfaces
11. Must be able to operate a truck and trailer
12. Provides athletic field assistance to CTS customers at other locations within the State of Connecticut
13. Involvement with company baseball and softball field renovation projects
14. Performs other duties as assigned
An Associate’s degree in Turfgrass Science or related field; or a Turfgrass Science Certificate from an accredited program.
2-4 years’ experience working on athletic fields or golf courses
Connecticut Applicators license or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
You will be entitled to participate in the company’s 401k retirement plan following 1 full year of employment. You will be given (10) days of paid time off and (3) sick days per year. As a contribution and thanks, you may be awarded a year end bonus which is based on the company’s overall performance. Included in this, we will provide uniforms and a yearly stipend for new footwear.
Compensation is D.O.E Full-time year round position
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
67 West Street
Medfield, MA 02052
©2021 ⦿ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ⦿ NESTMA